Image Map

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Days Go By

Isn't it crazy how fast time flies? It seems like just yesterday that I was awaiting the arrival of my little girl, my first born. I was hugely pregnant and counting down the days for her arrival. An induction was scheduled for the following week when I awoke in the wee hours of the morning because I had to pee, yet again for probably the 5th time that night. It didn't take me long to realize that my water had broken and my baby was on her way into this world on her terms.


Things haven't changed much in five years. She still likes to do insists that things get done her way. She is strong willed and stubborn, beautiful and wild, talkative and smart. She has exceeded my greatest expectations. I used to think that this mommy stuff would so easy and fun all the time. Even though it is not always those things, being a mommy to this amazing child makes it all worth it. Every day is something new; be it a struggle, a smile, a hug, or a "Mommy, you're the best." My heart beats for her, just like it did the first moment I saw her.

Today, my sweet girl turned 5 years old. I can hardly believe it. I can hardly believe that she has grown into this wonderful little girl right before my own eyes. I can't believe how fast this has happened. It's true what they say - they grow up so fast. My heart is breaking into a million little pieces because sometimes I wish I could just go back and do things over. Not a redo, but just to do it again. Relive all those special little moments. It doesn't help that she now wants to know if she is "almost 10." She is ready to do everything for herself, be a "grown up." Oh, Heaven help me!

We like to celebrate Addison's actual day of birth just the 4 of us and have her party at a later time (her party is this coming Saturday!) and that is exactly what we did today! We had a great little day just hanging out, playing games, and spending time together. Then Miss Prissy pants got a delivery!


Birthday flowers from Daddy! Aren't they gorgeous? Mom's jealous! The bouquet came with a balloon too but I didn't get it in the picture. She felt so special that Daddy had flowers sent to her on her big day. Daddy was stuck at work today and was feeling bad that he didn't get to spend the day with the family. We usually like to take the kids out for a special birthday dinner but since we went to dinner on Sunday night with my parents we opted for dinner in. I told Addison that I'd make her anything she wanted for birthday dinner. Unfortunately she asked for jelly and honey sandwiches with chips. I appreciated the ease of the meal but considering she doesn't even like jelly, I"m not even sure where that idea came from. We had chicken wraps instead! After dinner we had a little birthday treat from the local bakery:


Happy 5th Birthday baby girl. Words will never express what you mean to me. I love you more than you could possibly imagine and while it makes my heart hurt to see you grow up, I am excited to watch you become a wonderful young lady, but not too fast. Slow down for mom, okay? Love you pumpkin!

                                                         Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Happy Birthday to that beautiful little girl!! Hope she had a blast at her 'birthday present' over the weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous little girl! And what a sweet ode to her :) Great job, mom :)

    www.livingbarefootandcrazy.blogspot.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to a beautiful little/big girl! This post will be such a treasure to her one day.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from readers - I want to get to know you! Please make sure you are not a "no reply" blogger so that I can respond to you!