Image Map

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tuna Noodle Casserole

Tuna noodle casserole is a classic comfort dish in my opinion. It's quick, easy, and filling too. I was lucky when my sweet friend Terri Ann shared her tuna noodle casserole recipe with my 'Mom & Tot' playgroup recently. After making it, I knew I had to share it with y'all. Enjoy!


Ingredients:

Noodles (I used 1/2 package of elbow macaroni noodles)
2 cans of tuna
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can of of peas (or peas & carrots - I used frozen)
Optional: Cheese, potato chips or french fried onions for topping

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350* Cook noodles as directed, drain. Combine noodles, tuna, vegetables and soup. Spread evenly into a casserole dish and bake for 15 minutes. Top casserole with cheese and crumbled chips/french fried onions and bake til melted.

I used french fried onions and it was downright amazing!

XO,
Lacey

©..And They Call Me Mommy,2012.

2 comments:

  1. I love tuna noodle casserole! The version I grew up on involves cream of celery soup and mayo....which sounds disgusting as I write it, but all mixed together....yum! At least, for my sisters and I. Our husbands have never been impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG it looks sooooo freakin good! I wish it was calorie free. Maybe I can just pretend it is.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from readers - I want to get to know you! Please make sure you are not a "no reply" blogger so that I can respond to you!